At Funderburg Law, our passion is entertainment law, especially in the areas of music law and film law.
We help our clients navigate through the legal and business aspects of their entertainment careers by having a thorough and meaningful understanding of the various components and key players in the entertainment industry.
We work with our clients from the bottom to the top, providing sound business and legal advice and protecting all forms of their intellectual property, publicity, as well as other ancillary rights along the way. We focus on empowering our clients with knowledge, resources and understanding so that they are cognizant of the legal ramifications of their actions or inactions, and they are equipped to make sound decisions for themselves, ensuring longevity in the entertainment industry.
This level of services allows our clients to devote their focus and attention toward honing and building their creativity within their chosen craft, while we handle their business.
An essential part of what we do in protecting our clients’ rights and finances is reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts. Some of the common entertainment law contracts that we draft include, but are not limited to:
- Management Agreements
- Producer Agreements
- Record Label Agreements
- Split Sheets
- Publishing Agreements (Songwriter Agreements, Administration Agreements, Co-Publishing Agreements)
- Merchandising Agreements
- Tour Related Agreements
- Band Partnership Agreements
- Investor Agreements
- Work for Hire Agreements
Film Law/TV Law
- Option-Purchase Agreements
- Life Story Rights Agreements
- Writer Agreements
- Director Agreements
- Producer Agreements
- Actor Agreements
- Crew Agreements
- Location Agreements
- Publicity Releases
- Submission Releases
- Composer Agreements
- Licenses (Master Use and Synchronization Licenses)
- Music Supervisor Agreements
Contact us for a consult today!
If you would like to learn more information about entertainment law, check out our
Resource tab, download some helpful tidbits, or check out some third-party resources here:
- Work for Hire Agreement Sample
- Indie Artist Checklist
- Who’s Who On The Artist’s Team
- Hofstra University Music Law Resource Guide
- International Standard Recording Code (ISRC)
- Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI)
- American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers
- Society of European Stage Authors and Composers
- Harry Fox Agency